NEAA website pedigree Database
Here are a few quick steps in getting started with the pedigree Search feature:
On the NEAA homepage – hover over "Pedigree" in the top menu bar, Then click "Pedigree Search"
- SEARCH feature
- Step 1 Choose 5 or 6 generation document
- Step 2 Insert a single word of the dog’s name into the field [showing”Clair” as an example]
- Step 3 no option
- Step 4 choose how thorough a search you need- the fast Search recovers most name matches The slower option may trace even more possible matches- using more words in the name By clicking on the “SEARCH NOW” button you can isolate all elkhounds on file with names that use the search word. Click on the dog you want for pedigree to Select with or without further links
- Try a Pedigree Test
- Thinking of possible breeding combinations?
- After using the same method as choosing a dog from “SEARCH” – after the Pedigree with links appears- click on Trial Pedigree (under the dog’s name). A new menu will appear. The dog you were viewing will automatically emerge in the box as dam or sire. Next select either the dam & sire you wish to combine with it in the appropriate blank boxes A ‘Test breeding’ pedigree will generate, so you can view your dream breeding without any further input from the user. Only elkhounds in the database are available for this breeder service.
- Curious about offspring?
- Use the “Reverse” Pedigree feature- also available on the Pedigree with links- under the dog’s name. This reveals subsequent generations of Norwegian Elkhounds on file from this ancestor. The format from left to right descends by generation.
- Please mail or email spelling, titles, birthdates, registration numbers if you see any errors in the pedigree that appears onscreen.
- Can’t find a dog?
- Maybe it’s not yet in the database. Send the info [registered name, registration number, date of birth, sex and a pedigree] for inclusion with the next website update
- Maybe the spelling you have inserted is not what was submitted for our file. Try a variation or ask for just the kennel name and see what related names are on file
- also see step 4-
- Email email@example.com – I’ll assist if I can
Submitted by J.Paul Woito Pedigree Committee member